JEE Main (2022)
The NTA released the examination dates for both the sessions, i.e., April and May for the year 2022. Refer to the below table for the information related to the exam date and other related dates:
|Notification release of NTA||March 01, 2022|
|Availability of JEE Main 2022 Brochure||March 01, 2022|
April Session: March 01, 2022
May Session: April 08, 2022
|Last Registration Date|
April Session: March 31, 2022 (till 5:00 p.m.)
May Session: May 03, 2022 (till 5:00 p.m.)
|Last Date to Pay Registration Fee|
April Session: March 31, 2022 (till 11:30 p.m.)
May Session: May 03, 2022 (till 11:30 p.m.)
|Announcement of City of Examination|
1st Week of April 2022
2nd Week of May 2022
2nd Week of April 2022
3rd Week of May 2022
|JEE Main 2022 Examination Date|
April Session: 21, 24, 25, 29 April 2022 and 1, 4 May 2022
May Session: 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29 May 2022
|JEE Main 2022 Result Announcement||To be notified for both sessions|
The Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main) comprises two papers. Paper 1 is conducted for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs (B.E/B.Tech.) at NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), Institutions/Universities funded/recognized by participating State Governments. JEE (Main) is also an eligibility test for JEE (Advanced), which is conducted for admission to IITs. Paper 2 is conducted for admission to B. Arch and B. Planning courses in the Country. From the year 2021, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Lucknow and Madan Mohan Malviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur will be using the score sheet of JEE (Main) for admission to the B.Tech./M.Tech. (Integrated)/B.Arch. Courses in its affiliated colleges across the State.
The JEE (Main) - 2022 will be conducted in 02 (two) sessions for admissions in the next academic session. The candidates will thus benefit in the following ways:
- This will give two opportunities to the candidates to improve their scores in the examination if they are not able to give their best in one attempt.
- In the first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and will know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the second time.
- This will reduce the chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste an entire year
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control (such as the Board examination), then he/she will not have to wait for one entire year.
- A candidate need not appear in both Sessions. However, if a candidate appears in more than one Session then his/her best of the JEE (Main) - 2022 NTA Scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List/ Ranking.
- JEE (Main) - 2022 Session 1 for Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech.) will be held from 16 to 21 April 2022 followed by Session 2 from 24 to 29 May 2022. This is being done to ensure that the JEE (Main) - 2022 does not interfere with the Board examinations, which may be held at different times across the States/UTs. Paper 2A and Paper 2B (B.Arch and B. Planning) will also be held twice a year (April and May 2022)
- It has been decided to provide choices in one section of each subject of Paper 1 and Part-I of Paper 2A and 2B to cater to the decision of different Boards across the country regarding the reduction of the syllabus. However, the total number of questions to be attempted will remain the same (Physics – 25, Chemistry – 25, and Mathematics – 25), wherever applicable
JEE (Main) - 2022 will be conducted in the following modes:
- Paper 1 (B.E. /B. Tech.) in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only.
- Paper 2A (B. Arch): Mathematics (Part-I) and Aptitude Test (Part-II) in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only and Drawing Test (Part-III) in pen and paper (offline) mode, to be attempted on drawing sheet of A4 size.
- Paper 2B (B. Planning): Mathematics (Part-I), Aptitude Test (Part-II), and Planning Based Questions (Part-III) in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode only
Question paper Medium
Medium of the Question Papers: Drawing from the National Education Policy (NEP), the JEE (Main) - 2022 will be conducted in English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu
|1||English||All Examination Centres|
|2||English and Hindi||All Examination Centres in India|
|3||English and Assamese||Examination Centres in Assam|
|4||English and Bengali||Examination Centres in West Bengal, Tripura, and Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|5||English and Gujarati||Examination Centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|6||English and Kannada||Examination Centres in Karnataka|
|7||English and Malayalam||Examination Centres in Kerala and Lakshadweep|
|8||English and Marathi||Examination Centres in Maharashtra|
|9||English and Odia||Examination Centres in Odisha|
|10||English and Punjabi||Examination Centres in Punjab, Chandigarh, and Delhi/New Delhi (including Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, Meerut, Noida/Greater Noida)|
|11||English and Tamil||Examination Centres in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, and Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|12||English and Telugu||Examination Centres in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|13||English and Urdu||All Examination Centres in India|
Find the eligibility criteria from the table given below:
|Age||No age limit|
|Number of Attempts||2 times (in 2022)|
|Qualifying Exams||Candidates who have cleared XII or equivalent examinations from recognized boards, such as CBSE, Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, can appear for the JEE Main 2022 exam.|
|Passing/Appearing Year of Qualifying Examination|
Passing Year: 2020, 2021
Appearing Year: 2022
|Subjects Studied in Class XII|
It is mandatory for students to qualify in the 5 subjects: